Monday, December 31, 2007

25 Motif Challenge

Remember this 'work in progress' (Light pink on dk green background)? Well this piece I gave to the grand baby! LOL It fit here like a pretty little bracelet. I redid it from scratch, since I still had the same problem of it gathering too much in the center (previously I thought it was because I didn't get my threads ALL 1/4" spaced, but this time I measured each one as I did it, and still had the same problem. Sooo I just added more rings, ended up with 20 small rings and 20 large rings. The 'lt blue background' is the finished result. The pattern is from page 7 of "Tatting 60 Original Lace Treasures" by Christel Weidmann Design 2. I used Anchor Pearl Cotton Size 12 (I think that is how to read it), Color # 00048. Then I stiffened it with Hair Spray.

Motif # 17

Motif # 18

This is the second 'In progress' Before (dark green background) I finish it. Now I just need to see if I can find a metal ring for placing it into. Probably bracelet size will work.The thread is Superior Threads Perfect Quilter size 100. Not sure the color. I think it is #021. The pattern I am using "The Cherub Doily". Found here: http://www.tatsall.ca/patterns/cherubdoily.htm Thought this wasn't where I got the pattern, it is the same doily. The one I used showed a pic of the doily in the middle of a metal ring like a sun catcher. If you can tell me if Ann Wilson is the original designer or who is, please do!! I really LOVE these colors!

All comments and critiquing is sure welcome! Thank you for your helping me learn more! Hugs, Blessings N Prayers!!!

No comments: