I need some suggestions please!!! Hubby boss is having their yearly party on the 13th of this month. They have a gift exchange and have set the $ value to $40. per guy's gift and per lady's gift. I thought this year I would try something a little different and make something handmade.
Here are a couple of problems I'm dealing with:
1. I don't know how well the 'handmade' will go over, so I am finding myself second guessing everything.
2. I REALLY feel I am lacking in 'goodies' as what I have put together so far. Need more help here with some ideas. Here is what I have so far:
(2) dishcloths, knitted- one pink with a rose, one ecru with a seashell
(2) scrubbies, crocheted - one pink, one ecru (both made from nylon netting)
(2) potholders, crocheted- one pink, one ecru both to match the cloths.
(2) tribbles, knitted- one pink, one ecru again to match the cloths. (a tribble is like the scrubbies but made from the same 100% cotton yarn the cloths are made from.
I thought about making matching hand towels, but not sure I would have time, or even that I could get the 'rose' and 'shell' patterns centered right. I also thought about making a 'sack sock' combining the two colors in like a striped sack sock. I am currently thinking about making 2 more cloths using the same colors only no pattern. One more thing I thought about adding in, is a 'natural' colored doily I have crocheted using the 'pineapple' pattern.
Oh I am also going to include a couple of pints of my jams.
Here is a photo of what I have so far. (sorry the photo isn't the best. Will take another today, since we actually have sunshine!
Here is the photo of the doily:
Sure looking any suggestions you can give me. If you think it would be better to scrap this idea and buy something,,,PLEASE let me know.