Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter's Blankets!!!


Here are some winter pictures I've taken just from our snows starting about mid Dec.Here is one of the places where hubby works. I went on a ride with him through the boss' place. This first pic looks 'foggy' but actually it is the snowfalling hard and huge snowflakes!

The fresh truck tracks we just made through the field.

Can you see the HUGE flakes falling???

Here is the middle of our yard from the first heavy snowfall.

Poor bird seeking refuge & food!

This was the next heavy snowfall we had! Remember on south of us only about 20-30 miles they got about twice the amount of snow each time!!!

These are some 'after dark' shots I got of our daughter and our porch. This is the snow fall we got just as temp were FINALLY warming up after almost 3 weeks of below zero (Fahrenheit) temps. You can also see how REALLY HUGE the snowflakes got!
These below are some pictures I got today after having about 3-4 days of melting. Today we hit a HIGH heat wave of 42 degree F. We are almost at t-shirt weather LOL!!! It sure feels like anyway. This is what I have been keeping busy shoveling our of our parking spots, walk ways (for us, to critters and for our renter), besides keeping the roof of our double-wide trailer cleaned off. Thankfully most of the snow until the very very last one was all powder snows so it was pretty easy to keep shoveled. Definitely getting my exercise this year. They have said we have even broken records this year going back to the 50's or earlier this year. This really ISN'T a normal winter here. We usually don't get this much in one snowfall, let alone 3-5 like we got this winter. And usually around here we only have about one week 'maybe' of temps that get below 0,,,not 3-4 in a row.

Is anyone ready for the tropics yet LOL we sure are!!!

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Oh oh oh! I just LOVE all the snow pictures. I am desperately missing Idaho right now!

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Rofl, I sure wish you could have at least half of this snow LOL!!!!

Thank you Sherry for stopping by and leaving a wonderful reply!

Clotat said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!! im looking at you, and your photography is really wonderful. Here, where i live, there´s no snow, but now i can enjoy yours!!!
claudia

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Thank you Claudia for stopping by my site and for the comments too!
LOL I sure do wish I could send ya some snow! We did get a pretty good break. Now most of this snow in the pics is about a foot of snowice. Today we are getting freezing fog. Hopefully it will warm up though. I see the sun is trying to peek through.
Thank you again for coming by. If you would would like to see a little more of my photography, pop over to my photography blog! I haven't posted there in awhile, though. I need to add more photos :(
http://rainbowrosephotography.blogspot.com/