Monday, September 24, 2007

25 Motif Challenge # 7



Here is my motif #7, made using Linda S. Davies' "Elegant Coaster" design. I used DMC Cebelia size 10 thread in color #745 Banana Yellow. I really like this color. I made 2 mistakes on this motif,,, can you find them? The first I didn't find until I was joining my last chain, the second, I found while blocking it. Yep you guessed it, I'll redo this one too! Just bugs me when I don't do things right.

I was going to do Jon's idea of her 'Hearts Snowflake' pattern using beads and this color, since I had plenty of thread left on the shuttle, but needless to say, no way was my seed beads going to fit over this thread.

Well I am getting fairly close to being packed (I think), still need to figure out a few more potluck meals. I am still in the 'family' mode from when the kids were home and having to plan lots of extra to feed them,,, sure is different just being me. I am the only one going (besides a furry companion, my son's dog I am spoiling, she started out mine LOL), hubby and daughter have to work, besides aren't really into the 'camping out' thing. I got my reservation made for my camping spot, and it is suppose to be pretty must next to one of the rivers (Twin Rivers Canyon Resort), where I can also fish. Looking forward to it!!!

No comments: