Monday, February 11, 2008

New 25 Motif Challenge

I have decided to give the 25-Motif Challenge another go again. I learned so much doing it,,,so here is my Motif # 1.


I used a pattern by Anne Orr 'Large Round Medallion No. 15, using Rubi thread in colors Red and White.
This one my oldest daughter-in-law said she would LOVE to have a table cloth made using this, but she also knew it would it would be kind of expensive, but would actually take a LOT of time to do, so she wasn't going to ask for one!

Here is Motif #2:

This is another pattern from Anne Orr, 'Round Medallion No. 24. All done in Rubi variegated orange. My daughter LOVED this one. Surprised me, actually SHOCK is more like it, I didn't know she liked orange!

Motif #3:

Here is another one I did using Anne Orr's pattern, 'Pointed Tatted Medallion No. 21' using Rubi thread in Red and Grey. This one, I was SURE glad to have finished, though I think it is really pretty. It took me almost to the end of the last round before I finally got the pattern down enough to do without constantly following the directions. I do like it though, and it already has a new home. A girlfriend fell in love with it.
BTW Motifs 1, 2 and 3 besides the next 2 are all done in the month of Feb. I can't believe how far I have come since first learning to tat, less than a year ago.

Motif #4:

This is a 'Barrette' pattern I found by Christiane Eichler 1996. I made it using Rubi thread again, in black and grey. Then I gave it as a surprise to my daughter for her long hair, with a hair pin stick that has a carved bead of some sort on the end. I may need to add to it though, because she has pretty thick and long hair.

WIP (Work In Progress):

This is a 'WIP' I am doing. It is actually a doily from 'Tatter's Treasure Chest' edited by Mary Carolyn Waldrep (another book hubby surprised me with last week, along with 3 others by 'Dover publishers'. I actually have almost 5 completed round on it now. I realized as I was only 3 rings away from finishing round 4, that I goofed, and so I ended up with more chains and rings then pattern called for. But I wasn't about to re-do the 'whole' round again. Especially when I am almost out of the black Rubi thread.
What do you think about this color combo? Too weird??

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wow! You've been busy! Everything looks wonderful!